Effective December 1, 2009
1. What is Legisym’s commitment to privacy?
2. What information does Legisym collect?
This notice applies to all information collected or submitted in relation to Legisym Services. When signing up for or utilizing Services delivered by Legisym, the following types of information may be collected:
- Identification data (name, address, telephone, email address, etc.);
- Electronic identification data (such as IP addresses, cookies, and log files);
- Survey results and usage information;
- Services ordered and delivered;
- Lists containing your customers and items (for Services that involve your customers);
- Diagnostic information (data collected for purposes related to software or network operation, quality and maintenance, such as CPU, operating system, and memory information).
- Banking and billing information, if and when we begin to impose charges.
3. How does Legisym use this information?
In general, Legisym uses the information it collects to provide Services to you, complete initial setup, to help us understand who uses the Services, to improve the Services, and to contact you for customer service and billing purposes. We may use return email addresses to answer the email Legisym receives or to deliver requested Services to you. We may use contact information provided via registration pages to provide technical support and periodically keep you informed of Legisym news and product updates. You may opt-out of receiving this information at any time. We may monitor and store user communications and, if we learn of improper or unlawful conduct, respond in accordance with this policy and our Terms of Service. We may use non-identifying and aggregate information to provide you with customer support, to troubleshoot problems and to improve our products and Services.
4. Does Legisym disclose this information to others?
Laws and Legal Rights. Legisym may disclose your information (including personally identifiable information) if it believes in good faith that it is required to do so in order to comply with an applicable statute, regulation, rule or law, a subpoena, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other valid legal process. Legisym may also disclose personally identifiable information when it has reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating the Terms of Service, or to protect the safety and/or security of itself, its users, or the general public.
Third Parties Generally. Legisym may provide to third parties information about you that does not allow you to be identified or contacted, including where such information is combined with similar information of other users of the Service. For example, Legisym might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit the Service or the demographic breakdown of the registered users of the Service. The third parties to which Legisym may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising products or services (including vendors and Web site tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
Legisym’s Customers. Except as specifically authorized by you, Legisym will not disclose to customers, including Affiliates, any personally identifiable information Legisym gathers from you as a result of your use of the Service.
5. How does Legisym protect your personal information?
Legisym strives to provide secure transmission of your information from your computer to Legisym’s servers through industry-standard techniques. For example, Legisym has put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures for the purpose of safeguarding and securing the information Legisym collects from its users. You should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet. There is also some risk that others could find a way to thwart security systems. As a result, while Legisym is dedicated to protecting your information, Legisym cannot warrant the security and privacy of any information you transmit to Legisym, and you do so at your own risk.
6. How can you access or correct your information?
7. For how long is your personal data kept by Legisym?
10. How can you contact Legisym?
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please send Legisym an email at [email protected].