Remote Certificate Store (RCS) Setup
Backup Copy of User’s Digital Signing Certificate
NOTE: CSOS certificate files would be saved as either a .p12 or .pfx file type.
The certificate file would have been saved directly to your Downloads folder as a .p12 file. The file name and backup file password would have been entered by the person who downloaded the certificate from the DEA.
- Click the Start button on your toolbar > in the search box type Internet Options > select Open
(OR) Open Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options.
- Click on the Content tab > Certificates.
- Highlight the correct certificate (your signing certificate will show as Issued By CSOS CA and match the expiration date of the DEA license) > select Export.
- Click Next.
- Select Yes, export the private key > click Next.
- Add a check next to Export all extended properties > click Next.
- Enter and confirm a backup file password for the certificate you are exporting.
- Select Next > Select Browse.
- Name the file something easily recognizable (ex: CSOS Signing Certificate) and save it to your Desktop.
- Click Next > click Finish.
- If you receive a pop up for private key, Select OK. (It may require you to enter your private key password, which is the CSOS signing password you created when the certificate was originally downloaded.)
- Select OK on the Export was successful window. The backup copy of your certificate is now saved to your Desktop.
Before using RCS to sign CSOS orders, you must upload your certificate:
- Login to your https://Express222.com account and select Manage Digital Certificates.
Note: If prompted, select the correct Trading Partner and click the Select and Continue button.
- Click I Agree in the Remote Certificate Wizard and follow the on-screen instructions to setup your RCS.